Saturday 10 December 2022

Reasons to run 🏃‍♂️ ♥️ 😌

Why do we run? Why do I run?

We all have many shared and varied reasons to run. Chasing PB's, entering races, fitness, stress relief, mental health & being amongst nature to name but a few.

We may run for all, some of or just one of these reasons. I think no matter what the reasons we must all share one thing - an enjoyment of running. If we didn't enjoy it on some level we would quickly lose motivation and stop.

The great thing with running is that no matter what the reason, how fast or slow we are or wether we are elite or walk/run, first, middle or last, we are all runners.

It's funny how you can enjoy something you shouldn't have on the face of it enjoyed. I have only done one marathon. The training was hard. The race was hard and mentally sapping. I ached for days afterwards. But I remember it all and think I bloody well enjoyed that!!!

I am happy with 5k - 8k and 10k - 12k these days. I do it for stress relief, fitness and the peace I find when I'm out amongst nature. I enjoy stopping to take photos on route.

My dad, before he passed, used to love walking. In his later years he couldn't walk far due to an old back injury which resulted in the use of a stick. He used to love seeing my running photos. I think it allowed him to see places he otherwise wouldn't. Hence the reason I still take photos while out running. It keeps that connection with my dad alive.

So no matter the reason or reasons for running I think the most important thing is to simply enjoy it.

🏃‍♂️😀🏃‍♂️😀🏃‍♂️😀🏃‍♂️😀🏃‍♂️😀🏃‍♂️😀🏃‍♂️😀🏃‍♂️😀🏃‍♂️😀

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two wrongs don't make a right.

What Hamas did is both unacceptable and against international law.  Israel has the right to fight back but not to also go beyond internation...